By Brian Cole ~ Examiner.com
The Tampa Bay Libertarian Examiner took time to speak with Danielle Alexandre, a senior-level officer with the Adrian Wyllie for Governor Campaign, regarding his first meeting as a gubernatorial candidate. She provided the following notes for the Examiner about the meeting at the Lake City Tea Party.
Summary of Wyllie’s meeting with the Lake City Tea Party
This past Thursday night, Jan. 11, Adrian gave his first official campaign speech to the Lake City Tea Party group. There were about 50 people in attendance. His message was well received by the crowd. Wyllie also welcomed about 15 new members to the campaign team and received some donations from the audience.
Wyllie spoke about his plan to protect the citizens of Florida from any over reach of the federal government. Wyllie stated he would stand as a wall between the federal government and the rights of the citizens.
Wyllie also touched on his economic plan which includes his pledge to not raise taxes and to actually eliminate as many as possible and cutting waste in government.
After speaking about his platform for 20 minutes, Wyllie spent about 20 minutes answering questions from the audience.
Wyllie’s will speak at next weeks LPHC meeting
Next Wednesday night, Jan. 23, Adrian Wyllie will speak at the Executive Committee meeting for the Libertarian Party of Hillsborough County (LPHC). The LPHC will hold its meeting at Tate’s Pizzeria and Sports Bar, which can be found at 3342 South West Shore Blvd in Tampa.
The LPHC meeting is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. To RSVP for Wyllie’s next campaign meeting, click here.
Learn more about Adrian Wyllie and his campaign to be Florida’s next governor
To learn more about Adrian Wyllie, his campaign to be Florida’s next governor, and how you can help, please visit his Facebook page.
It’s almost over! 5 more days left until the results of the election are known!
We need you now more than ever. Here is what can be done to give us the last push before Election Day. Please let us know if you can help with one or all of the following by sending an e-mail to email@example.com:
- We are sign waving tonight (Thursday) at the corner of Curlew and US 19 from 5:30pm – 6:30pm. The more people the better!
- We are sign waving tomorrow night (Friday) at the corner of Starkey and Ulmerton from 5:30 – 6:30pm.
- Early voting ends this Saturday. There will be a big push that day for voters to come in and early vote. If anyone can pass out literature or hold a sign outside any of the 3 early voting locations (St. Pete, Largo or Clearwater) please let us know. This day is going to be huge for voting. The Swope family will be making appearances at all 3 locations to help sign wave and pass out literature throughout the day. You don’t have to be there the entire time, just a couple of hours would be extremely helpful.
- Tuesday, Nov 6 is election day. If anyone does not have to work that day and would volunteer to hold a sign at their precinct, please let us know. If you have a Swope for Sheriff sign and you can’t sit outside a precinct, please take your sign from your yard and put it outside your precinct in the allowable sign area. Please let us know you’re doing this, and what precinct you have covered. There are hundreds of precincts in Pinellas and we need as much coverage as possible
- Come on out election night at 6:30 -7:00pm to the VFW Post 2550 in Dunedin (across from the Blue Jays stadium) and watch the election results with the Swope family. There will be food and beverages, and a ton of relief when the results roll in. Win or lose, it will be a celebration.
Lastly, encourage your friends, family, neighbors, etc. to VOTE SWOPE! Thank you for all of your support for the last 18 months. We couldn’t have done it without people like you.
By Brian Cole ~ examiner.com
The Free and Equal Election Foundation’s Final Open-Party Presidential Debate, which had originally been scheduled to be held on Tuesday, 30 October at 9:00 p.m., has been postponed until Monday, 05 November at 9:00 p.m. eastern time. The decision to reschedule the debate was made on Saturday, 27 October, due to the track of Hurricane Sandy. Sandy will impact much of the mid-Atlantic and northeastern parts of the U.S. on Monday and Tuesday.
Same candidates, same conditions, same debate
While the storm did force the Free and Equal Election Foundation to change the date of the debate, everything else remains the same. This event will still feature Libertarian Presidential Candidate Gary Johnson and Green Party Libertarian Candidate Jill Stein, which were chosen as the winners of the Open-Party Presidential Debate hosted on Tuesday, 23 October.
The theme of this debate will still center on foreign policy. The 90 minute debate will take place at RT America’s state-of-the-art studio in Washington D.C. The Free and Equal Elections Foundation reported on Friday that the moderator for this debate would be announced on Monday, 29 October. While there have been no statements released relating to the moderator of this final debate, one can assume this announcement will also be postponed until after the threats from Hurricane Sandy have subsided.
At this time, the Free and Equal Elections Commission is still negotiating with networks to ensure this debate will be televised. However, the event can be watched online by clicking here. For further announcements about on this debate, please visit the Free and Equal Election Foundation’s website and the Facebook event page created for this debate.
Think there’s only two choices in the 2012 Presidential election? WRONG. There will be THREE candidates for President on the Florida ballot in November, and here’s your chance to meet one of them.
Come have a drink with Libertarian Presidential candidate and two-term New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson at Blur in Downtown Dunedin from 7-9pm on Friday July 6th. Gary will meet, greet and speak to you one-on-one to answer your questions and discuss your ideas on how we can restore individual liberty and economic freedom to America.
Don’t miss this opportunity to share your thoughts with Gary Johnson. LIVE FREE!
No admission fee. Campaign contributions encouraged. Cash bar.
Do you really think Romney will repeal socialized healthcare? Do you really think that Obama will end military intervention overseas? Do you really think that Obama or Romney will balance the budget or solve the debt crisis?
You are invited to come have lunch with Gary Johnson, 2012 Libertarian Presidential candidate and two-term New Mexico Governor at 12:30pm on Friday, July 6th at Gaspar’s Grotto in Ybor City, Tampa.
Come out and meet Gary, where he’ll be speaking to and dining with Tampa Bay voters. You’ll have the chance talk with him one-on-one, and tell him what changes you’d like to see for our Republic.
Space will be limited, so arrive early to ensure you get a seat. This event is open to the public and the media.